cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I login using my e-mail address anymore?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been using SDN for 8-9 months now. It's setup to remember me but in the last couple of days it would just hang when I tried to go to any SDN link.

I deleted the cookie and tried logging on using my login instead of e-mail and that works just fine. Tried logging in with e-mail again and it hangs.

So I thought maybe I had the wrong e-mail address in the system. I went through the process to request a new password which then e-mailed me the new password and it got to to me meaning that it has the right e-mail address.

So what's up? Did something change on SDN where I no longer can use the e-mail address to login?

Thanks.

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Pls contact the SDN admins (https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/index.sdn?page=contactus.htm) for this.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eddy.

I've done as you suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing this problem. The problem is not with my email id or password.

I was trying to login from morning today, it just doesnt go through and takes me to a redirect page. But not I am able to login easily without any problem. This has happened to me many times. Its at certian times it does not allow to login.

SDN please address this issue.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I sent an e-mail to SAP and this was their reply:

Hello David,

I apologize for this problem but we are experiencing problems with the use of the email address in place of the userid number. Please continue to use the account number at this time. We hope to have this problem resolved soon.

Kind Regards,

David Branan

SAP Developer Network Team

https://www.sdn.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Thank you, that seems to be the issue. When i logged now with the id instead of email, the logon was fast ! (and i guess logon with email is taking sometime and by then the server is timing out on it)

May be we should put a note somewhere so that others may not have to experience this.

thanks again

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

My suggestion to SAP is to put a note on the login screen telling people that e-mail address doesn't work. Or at least redirect them to some error message page stating that.

The way it is now is pretty bad. How many others are suffering with this and don't know what to do.

I hope someone from SAP is reading this and takes some action.

Answers (0)