cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding external help links on a page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the services help to try to display external links on a page.

So going into IMG -- >Cross Application Components-> Homepage Framework -> Resources-> Define Resources.

Here a resource was defined to display an external link eg. http://www.sap.com . This link was supposed to open in a new window. This was input in the "URL of PCD page" and the same entry was tried in the "URL of the resourceObject"

Then going to Cross Application Components->Homepage Framework -> Services. A new service was defined as a help service page. This help service page is supposed to open the url and hence the above resource was assigned to this help service. This was defined of type "Direct URL to launch in a separate window".

The help service link was then displayed on a page but this link does not take you anywhere.It does not open any page. After looking at the source code there is no URL there. Could anybody help as to where Im going wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jimmy -

I think I initially read this wrong... Are you just trying to add an external website/link to the page? Or activate the Help services? Let me know -- we are doing both.

If you just want to add an external website to the area page:

Create a RESOURCE with these parameters:

Window Name: _blank

URL of Resource Object: <enter url> for example, http://www.sap.com

Create a SERVICE:

Service Type: URL-Direct URL Launched in a seperate window

Link Resource: Enter resource prevously created...

Assign to subarea, etc,.etc.

If you are trying to activate the HELP Service Links (i.e. show link and have that link to a help document or BPP), let me know....

Karen G.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jimmy - Did you ever get this working? If so, please share...

Thanks,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO! YOU?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope... I am trying to get it working, too.

I will share with (if) any progress... Please do the same.

Thx,

Karen G.