Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

livecache and APO database server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have two question about APO.

1. in APO , it is divided into APO database server and LIVECACHE server. as my understanding, the APO database server is used to store like DP history in the cube and back up planning area data in the cube and product master ect for SNP AND PPDS, but for the livecache is used to store transcational data like planning area data and SNP, PPDS transcational data. this is right? I do not know I want to you give me a hand.

2. normally we install APO databased server and livecache in one server, but I want to know can I install APO like the following:

I install APO database in one server and I install three livecache servers in seperate three servers and link these three livecache server with the APO database server.

if it can be implemented, please tell me how to do that including connection and data exchanging with APO database server and release data into R3 data etc.

thank you in advance!

Yamin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YaMin - To answer your first question you are right mostly. All master data is stored in the database and all transactional data is stored in livecache. There is some blending of the 2 for specific data types and transactions. To answer your second question you can install the livecache server on a different physical server than the database server. I am not sure about multiple livecache servers or the steps to set this up - you might get more responses in the BASIS forum. I do wonder why you need 3 livecache servers instead of one scalable livevache server.

Regards

Andy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

Thank you for your infomation!

could anyone can give me the installation blueprint for all possiple situation?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yamin,

to answer your second question: It is not possible to use more than one liveCache for an SCM system.

Regards

Olaf