cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about the data we see in creating VF01.

I thought that some data such as customer nb, price, etc come from Sales Order, and data for material and quantity, it comes from Delivery Document.

If, for example, you created VF01, but you were not able to create accounting doc because the setting in customer master was incorrect.

So, you cancel that billing doc and modify customer master data.

I thought that once you cancel the billing doc and recreate it, the latest information is referred from corresponding master data.

At what stage of data is carried out to VF01 and from where??

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

My opinion is that, It is not everytime and every transaction the masterdata are fetched.

During sales order creation, whatever the data is available in masterdata, will be carried to individual document at transaction level. Then these data just get copied to the subsequent documents. Also after a document creation, changes in either customer or material masterdata will not affect teh document created before the change. (except for changes in General data of customer master)

The decision on how the data has to be copied to invoice doc is configured through copy controls. As per the rules set in copy control, the copying happens.

If we have to cancel an invoice for wrong masterdata, then we have to cancel the invoice, the delivery for that invoice, and the order for that delivery. Then the data has to be changed and new transaction has to be created again.

Hope this helps you.

Reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha,

Thank you for your opinion.

You said:

'Also after a document creation, changes in either customer or material masterdata will not affect teh document created before the change. (except for changes in General data of customer master)'

In fact, I changed the data in Sales Area Data.

Is that why cancelling billing doc and recreating it was not enough to bring the latest information of Customer Master to VF01?

You also talked about copy control.

I know that you can decide from which delivery doc you want to create which billing doc, etc...

Is there anything else you can do with copy control configuration?

If I am missing something, could you give me SPRO path and explain what else is possible to configure by copy control?

Thank you!

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You are correct.

If you change masterdata after creating a transaction, even cancelling a billing document and then creating another billing document will not give you the latest customer related info in the billing document. If you want the latest information, you have to reject all the items in sales order, and athen create a sales order. Now this new order will have hte latest details you have entered in the customer master.

Copy controls

SPRO-SD-SALES----Maintain copy control for Sales documents

For Billing, it is in SPRO--SD-Billing--Billing documents--Maintain copying control for billing documents

You can refer to tcodes VTAA, VTFA, VTLA, VTAF etc to know hte various copy controls available.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In stead of cancelling the invoice you can rectify it in VF02 (till posting to accounts) is complete.

You are correct in your observations. Though different fields behave differently. The "update" botton in conditions field is also used extensively to manually make changes done in customer master and/or conditions record to update particular document.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Takako

First of all, if your customer master is incorrect, you cannot even create sale order and hence cancelling billing document does not arise.

While creating VF01, datas like sold to party, ship to party, payment terms, unit rate are comes from sales order. Item, quantity, inco terms comes from delivery document.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi