cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to implement Print functionality in my webDynpro Application.Can anyone help me in this..

Regards

Padma N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

printing is a dark thing in Web Dynpro, most of the posts in the forum contain really experimental solutions and I was not happy with those.

I guess the best solution is print out of an IFRAME with window.parent.frame() if your WDJ is embedded in portal or else to print the window by opening a new window over a LinkToAction containing some html code which calls opener.print().

Anyway both solutions have their pitfalls, browser support is whach and portal themes are not applied to embedded IFRAMEs.

Check this thread for the window opening solution:

regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this link.....

/people/community.user/blog/2007/10/01/printing-in-web-dynpro-finally

If you want to print in NW7.0, you can either use JavaScript or use PDF printing. You can search this forum for both solutions.

Thanks & Regards

Karthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can enable print option at iview level.

2. If you are using NW4s SP13, print functionality is there with simple method call.

3. Otherwise export to some document/PDF

Thanks

sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Can you please give me any PDF or any information regarding the procedure for implementing Print in my application

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no direct way of printing.

Look for workaround.

Check here on Export functionality

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/webdynpro?rid=/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-de18b94aee2d

This is in Latest versions...

/people/community.user/blog/2007/10/01/printing-in-web-dynpro-finally

Thanks

sreeni