cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data transfer across 2 different views in web dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

can anyone please help me on how to transfer data across 2 different views in wd ABAP.

i have made a view-1 and using another view-2 as a component which is displayed in the tab in view-1.

i am required to fetch a value from the view-1's input field and use it for a further processing in the view-2.

i want to use the value which is in the input field in the view1 as a primary key to get the whole record corresponding to that value and that complete record must be shown in my view2.

the thing here is view1 and view2 are 2 different views.

view1 has a tabstrip control.

the view2 is embedded in a tab of that tabstrip as a used component because it was not possible for me to build the view in the tab as a whole.

please help me out if anyone has done so?

thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raghav....

create a node and an attribute att1 inside the node in the component controller.

this att1 has to be mapped to your view1 as well as view2.

create an input field in view1 and bind it to att1.

so whenever you give a value in the input field it will be automatically stored in the att1.

you can retrieve it at any point of time and do the manipulations.

--regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both the views are in the same comp, define the context node which holds the input field of view1 in the component controller. Then map this same context node into the context of view2. Then in the inbound plug of view 2, read the context, and fire your select statement based on the input value.

Another way is, pass the input field from view 1 as a parameter when invoking the inbound plug of view2.

Regards,

Wenonah