cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Batch number Mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement in Global rollout project , whereinternal batch numbers are activated for all other plants.

But for a specific plant we need to use the External Batch number during Good Receipt of Purchase Order and Production order ( with Final operation confirmation using AUTO GR control key )

Although we can put the external batch every time , but requirement is to make this mandatory for this plant mean system should give ask for error batch number or throw error if no external number has been entered..

Second reuirement <b>( for production order GR only )</b> with this external batch number input check the first 8 digits should match with Prodcution Order number follwed by 2 alphabatic digits ..

e.g. ig my production Order number is 17001899 , external batch number should be 17001899A , 17001899B ..and so on ( if this is served by internal batch number also , it'll serve my purpose but only for production Orders.

Can you pl share your thougthts..abot this..

Thanks in advance

BR

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your first rquirement may not be possible as the batch numbering being maintained globally client wise.

If this is not possible & the second one may not be feasible.

Regards

YMREDDY

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

did you get it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesha

Thanks a lot for help

I have a small doubt before activating the same ..I just read thru the documentation for the CFC mentioned by you..I have a little doubt ..

>> For Purchsing parts - (Tcode-MIGO) my requirement is tht system should give error if no external batch number is entered.

<b>PS: I dont have any specified external batch numbers just i'll see the batch on the received goods ( medical devices) and enter in the btach field in MIGO</b>

As I mentioned before that internal batch number is activated at client level for all other plants..

However as per exit -EXIT_SAPLV01Z_003 - the below functionalityis done..

Functionality

<u><i>You can use this customer function call (CFC) to define the external number range (object, subject, number range, and year) against which a manually entered batch is to be checked.</i></u>

further to this

<i><u>Using the parameter CUST_NO_CHECK, you can suppress the batch number check. You can then either perform a check using your own rules in function module EXIT_SAPLV01Z_004 or suppress the entire check.</u></i>

<b>and more going further with EXIT_SAPLV01Z_004

this functionality will be worked out</b>

<i><u>Functionality

Using this customer function call (CFC), you can use your own rules to check if a manually entered batch corresponds to certain numbering conventions.

If you set the parameter CUST_NOT_ALLOWED, you reject the batch number. This leads to an error in the calling application and therefore to rejection of the batch number</u></i>

But I dont have any of my Defined external number range ..I just want to put anything in the batch number field as I dont know what will be the batch number when comes from different vendors.

I just want that system should not assign the internal number for this specific plant ( again internal batch number are activated at client level ) rather ask or external number or give error if no batch number is entered ..

My concerns --

1.will sap considers this exit with external batch number check if already internal batch numbers are activated ?

2. if yes ..will it be possible <b>just to check the external number entry</b> rather than a already specified external number range

Hope you understood my doubts .looking forward to see clarifications from your side.

BR

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

any other clues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no advise or thoughts???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have solution as below

Your requirement seems to be - not met by sap std, but using a custmer exit in numbering. You can activaste the following exit

<b>Set Up Customer Exits for External Batch Number Assignment</b>As part of the external batch number assignment, the following two function module exits are available in the SAP enhancement <b>SAPLV1ZE</b> for checking a new batch number that has been entered.

EXIT_SAPLV01Z_003. Using this exit, you can replace the proposed number range object BATCH_CLT and/or external interval 02 with a number range object and/or external interval you have defined yourself.

You also have the option of suppressing the batch number check, for example, based on the material or plant.

EXIT_SAPLV01Z_004. Using this exit, you can define your own checking rule.

In this you write a code, if the plnat is so and so , then take this external number range, if youn want internal number range then use the following

You can use SAP enhancement <b>SAPLV01Z</b> for internal batch number assignment. This enhancement contains two function module exits that you can use to define number ranges or templates for batch numbers:

EXIT_SAPLV01Z_001. You use this exit to replace the number range object and/or interval proposed by the system with your own number range object and/or interval.

In addition, you can, for instance, stop the system from assigning an internal number depending on the material or plant. You can also use this exit to stop the dialog box from appearing.

EXIT_SAPLV01Z_002. Using this exit, you can either change the number assigned by the system, or assign your own number.

Your second question about the production order batch numbering can be met from the first option I gave...in this case check the order type and order number, then assign the batch with A, next time when assiging make sure that code will see all the numbers associated with that order and give the next alfabet.

please come back if you need help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Batch Management is active at material level then through user exit we can do it , where the external no will activate that user exit and in the user exit we will define the other functionality what you have asked for.

rajasekhar