cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order with sales order in MTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using SAP ver 4.7 for make to order scenario.

Presently production order creation is automated. At the time of creation of sale order the production order is created in the background.

Now wants to create the Production order manually with reference to a sale order.

Where this needs to be configure. Kindly advise.

Thanks

anya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anya,

Generally your sals order reuirement get transfered to MRP first.(Transfer of requirement must be configured in sd) then U need to plan it accordingly in MD61

furthur u require to set the MRP control parameter in MD02 (single item level multi item level)and finally from Md04 (i.e. stock requirement list its get converted to production order)

(NOTE-This is not the complete things .but helps to trigger towardes solution for your requirement.If possible take help from PP guy)

karnesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

For automatic production order the material should be configurable and this is done at materila level.

In material master Go to MRP3 tab. Under palnning - strategy group - choose 82 defined for Assembly processing w. production orders.

This will automate the process at the time of sale order creation production order will be created in background which can be seen from VA03.

go to item overview - schedule lines -process order.

Hope it will help

anya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anya,

Since the Production order is getting created automatically, it means the Strategy set in Material Master MRP 3 screen will be 82 or 83. Please get the strategy changed to 20 or 40 as per the requirement.

Hope it should solve the problem.

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anya,

Nice to meet you,

I am Ram, working as CRM and SD consultant in a client palce. I want to know how to generate a production order automatically in back ground while creating a sales order.

and How can we inform this production order to the production department.

I request you to please educate me on this issue, your help is most awaited, and will be highly appreciated.

thank you