cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variables in the query based on infoset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I defined a variable on an infoObject in the query designer. However, when this infoObject was used in the infoSet, the variable I defined could not be seen. So in the infoset how can I use the variable I defined in other query not based on infoset? Please advise. Thanks.

Jin Ming

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I have the same problem:

I created an Infoset where I am using an Infoobjet that is used in a Cube.

I have defined variables on this Infoobjet but one of them cannot be used in the new Infoset even if in the new Infoset the links between infoobjets are the same as in the Cube.

Thank you for any help.

Stanislas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you create a variable on Infoset Query and use the same on ODS query ?

Just a workaround if its worth a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roberto,

I know I can create a variable on infoset query. But I have several infosets and they all have same infoObject and need to use same variable on that infoObject. I want to define the variable on that infoObject once and use it in queries of all infosets.

Message was edited by:

Jin Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to look for the variable in other Infoset Queries which you created on a Infoset Query.

Check if helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roberto,

I tried but it seems that variable in one infoset can not be used in other infosets. As for the link you provided, the solution of that post is to define a new variable in the infoset query, which is just what I am doing now.