cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Document Services Architecture NW04s

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am working at a customer that will be using Adobe Document Services for interactive forms.

The customer has several existing SAP applications but for this project it was recommended to configure the ADS on the SRM server (java stack is required)

What I need to know is the best practice architecture for the customers current needs as well as if they intend to expand its use in the future.

A)Should they have a centralized ADS server?

B) Should they have an ADS on each landscape? ie: one for CRM, one for SRM, one for ERP, in Dev/TST and QA

C)Can they have an ADS on their SRM server and share it with their ERP or other servers? ie: If they want to use ESS/MSS in the future

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting question, frequently faced in large companies.

The ADS can be shared between various SAP systems, (question c: yes).

So typically the same ADS server can be used for DEV and QAS environments, and one special for productive purposes (questions a, b, c).

Recommandation from SAP side is that the ADS should have the same SPS level as the other components (ABAP or Java) with of course same SP level for all the components for the J2EE engine where the ADS is running.

This the way the newly created forms are tested by SAP (questions a, b, c).

Knowing this, to have a central ADS instance is in practice quite difficult to achieve, so the answer depends on the architecture (number of servers, upgrades plannings etc.)

Keep in mind the sizing of the ADS: your architecture will also then depend of the usage of the ADS by the various SAP systems (questions a, b, c).

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

Thank You for your reply, however, I am still confused.

If I configure the ADS on my Dev SRM server, It is sharing now with the SRM application.

You are saying that instead of configuring another ADS on my QA environment, that I should just re-direct and use the existing Dev ADS?

As well, in the future, say I want to use ADS for my ERP system. Should I also utilize the one previously configured for my SRM server, or configure a new ADS on my ERP server?

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keep a separate ADS server for PRD and yes, you can share the ADS between DEV and QAS.

Francois