Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Account Identifcation Profile Navigation

Ok Experts.

I have a requirement to default automatic navigation to the Account Overview transaction in the ICWC when the account and registered product are confirmed. This is the scenario: Customer calls and system automatically confirms the account. A registered product for that customer is identified and agent confirms that product. At this point, the system automatically navigates the user from the Identify Account screen to the Account Overview screen.

Symptom: When this scenario is executed the navigation is triggered, but the following error appears:

View ../../sap/CRM_IC_OVW/OvwViewset.htm Cannot Be Displayed

An exception has occurredException Class CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL

Text: Dereferencing of the NULL reference

Source Text Row: 51

To setup automatic navigation SAP requests that the following steps be performed:

1. In transaction <b>CRMC_IC_BPPROF</b> assign the corresponding Navigation Link. In my case I assigned <b>Overview~AccountOverview</b> to the Product Link field.

2. In transaction SE80, edit BSP application CRM_IC_RT_REP and modify CRM_IC.xml

3. Add the following code:

<NavigationalLink name="Overview~AccountOverview">

<Source viewRef="BuPaIbaseDetail" outboundPlugRef="default"/>

<Target viewRef="crm_ic_ovw/OvwViewset" inboundPlugRef="inboundPlug"/>

Based on the above steps navigation should be triggered when account is confirmed and the registered product is confirmed second in that exact order. Based on this sequence of steps user is automatically navigated to the Account Overview screen. This is where I have a problem because it stops here and fails with the error noted above. I suspect it could have something to do with a missing parameter entry, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions anyone?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question