cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A and Self Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interested to know who has successfully built custom WD4A applications for Employee Self Service or Manager Self Service, and roughly how you went about building and integrating them into the standard XSS Homepage Framework in EP.

There have been lots of questions asked about this in different forum threads, and while there have been suggestions that it would be possible, there don't appear to be too many success stories posted yet.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have worked on ESS WDA custom devs...And I didnt face any problem during integration with ESS Homepage. Lemme know if you come across any such.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding Raja.

Can you tell us what sort of ESS applications you have built, how complex they were (e.g. displaying vs updating data) and roughly how long they took?

I don't expect you to provide step by step details, but any information you can provide us mere functionals will be enlightening and appreciated.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Well we have developed custom applications for a couple of custom infotypes. Well, one was quiet complex....with around 50+ fields for input ... We followed the standard model...Like Road map control as in standards....A simple application took me only 3 days, and a complex application with many validations(arnd 50+) took me around 2 weeks. So now you can decide the complexity. Once you have one application with Roadmap control in hand, it shouldnt take much time.

And also, if you are looking for Workflow integration, then it may take some little more time for Web Dynpro development.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar,

please let me know when developing ESS using WDA, have you used your own cutom RFC's?

is there any way to use the existing XSS objects?

Thanks!