cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL Message Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Precursor 1: You can add multiple "messages" to the XML output of a tx using the "Message" action.

Precursor 2: As discussed in other recent threads, when using SOAPRunner, the tx XML output is "flattened" somewhat.

Question: In the standard WSDL generator for a transaction, there is a “Message” attribute in the Rowset. Is this related to the statement above in precursor 1. If not, what actually is it and can it be used by SOAPRunner? And if it is related, why would it appear in the WSDL when SOAPRunner cannot expose it due to XML "flattening" as mentioned above in precursor 2?

Thanks

Kevin.

<s:complexType name="Rowset">

<s:sequence>

<s:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Row" type="s0:Row" />

</s:sequence>

<s:attribute name="Message" type="s:string" />

</s:complexType>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin:

I think it got switched to an "attribute" instead of an element so that it could avoid the flattening, although you're limited to one message.

Not sure, but I think that's the case. Or maybe it doesn't get into the output at all anymore.

Rick

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've tried various ways like the Terminate (with or without error) and an actual IllumDoc with Messages/Message in the output, but nothing ever seems to make it into the Message section in the SOAPRunner output.

Jeremy