cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvers overwritten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI and it works fine normally.

But here is the issue.

A user creates a shopping cart and makes changes to the approvers hierarchy ( adds new approvers using " Add Approver" functionality ) and then puts the shopping cart on HOLD.Later he/she tries to revisit the shopping cart through "Check Status" the following happens,

1. Without clicking the change button, the user is able to see all the changes he had made to the approvers hierarcy before holding the shopping cart .

2. But once he clicks the change button, the changes are overwritten by the default approval hierarcy,which the original hierarchy determined initially.

I feel this is not normal .May be a SAP Note related issue.Not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi raghu,

can you check the workflow log when the shopping cart status is 'on hold'?

are the added approvers available in the workflow log?

what is the security level of the requestor who has created the cart? according to the security level if the workflow is restarted , then system will redetermine the approvers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Khan said it,even I feel setting the parameter BBP_WFL_SECURITY for the User should do the trick.i.e. Restart the workflow adn the same approval process should be followed again.So plese adjust the value of this parameter for the User role in trascn PFCG.Also if you want to overwrite the settings of this paramtere(as maintained in PFCG),you can implement the BADI "BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI".

For more info,refer the foll links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/37/830b3b7e7ef74de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/f7/a6a3415e34b05fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thanks for your responses.I think we are a bit out off track here. Let me explain the issue again.

1. User creates a shopping cart.

2. The BADI "BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI" determines the approvers which the user is able to display in the approval preview ( This is normal ).

3. Now the user adds more approvers using the "ADD APPROVERS" button available in the approval preview .

4. After he finishes his changes ,the user HOLDS the shopping cart.

5. User comes back later, and opens this shopping cart using "CHECK STATUS".

6. The shopping cart is displayed in Display mode and the user is able to see all the changes he had made in step 3.This is fine.

Now here is the problem,

7. As soon as the user clicks "CHANGE" button ,all the changes the user had made in step 3 is overwrittn by step 2. In other words all the new approvers the user added in step 3 vanishes and only those approvers determined by BADI "BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI" remain.

Hope i am clear.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By adjusting the parameter BBP_WFL_SECURITY ,you can control whether the approval workflow is to be restarted after each change is made to the SC.

So if this parameter value for the user role is set to low/medium,then approval workflow restarts and the BADI is called again to determine the same set of approvers as in step 2.

So try to set the value of this paramater to HIGH and check whether the approver values are overwritten.

Do let me know.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the responses. But i have a one last question before i try this solution.

You say that the WF will not be restarted if the security level is set to "HIGH". But is that the way it should be? Because if the user changes the value/quantity or adds more items ( After step 5) before he orders then in this case the approvers may have to be redetermined as the shopping cart value would have increased to a different level. What happens then?

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently i dont have access to the system so cannot try this..But the combination of WFL changes(Changes to the approval process such as adding / removing of approvers / reviewers) and Document changes(Changes to item and header data of the document) and the restart of WF will depend on this parameter value only.

See the foll link and try to set the diff values for this parameter as mentioned and see the o/p.As per the documentation,setting the value to '0' should work fine for your case but the only diff is the user who is making the changes.Also you can fnd out at runtime what values are getting populated in the WF container after each step.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/f7/a6a3415e34b05fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

You can also raise an OSS message as there are a lot of bugs in this N step workflow and you may need to apply some notes to get your scenario started.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Which SRM version are you working on?

See the foll notes:

Note 990467 - Commit Problem with AdHoc Agents

Note 768145 - Adding approver/reviewer for held shopping cart