cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My scenario is IDoc to XI . We got runtime error "RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation".

I went to trace and checked up and then tested the mapping program with XML Source from payload Of Inbound Message.

Strange thing is I am not getting any error. Samething i tested for other msgs as well but received no errors.

After sometime, I tried to reprocess the error msg from sxmb_moni, but still I got the same error.

Finally again i retriggered the Idocs from source then all messages processed without any errors. I have not done anything in mapping.

if there is problem in mapping, it could have thrown the same error again.

wht could be the reason, why i got the errors even though there is no problem in mapping.

any help will be appreciated....

thanx,

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Must be a one time JCO error.

When restarting this message, try to icnremement the Trace Level.. this mostly clears the message!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhavesh,

Today anyhave managed to reprocessed the errors by deleting the meta data and reimported . All msgs processed successfully.

Already got the same prob twice(in last 2 days) for diff interfaces. That is why we r bit worrying abt this prob.

Is there any way to prevent this permanently like wht u said increasing the trace level whn restaring.

Thanx,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanx for all ur replys.

Since 1 week daily getting prob, finally we got wht the prob is?

Last week basis team set one threshold parameter for runtime memory in SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. That is why we r getting this error whnever memory exceeds that limit at runtime.

Thanx,

Kumar.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Great, Problem resolved..

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it First time... if so might be due to Meta data.

Shall I know whether you Re trigerred the IDOC by Tcode we19.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

Earlier we got the same error, but that time we had an issue with mapping. one manadatory segment not mapping.

but this time every thing is correct but we got the error.

I chnaged the Idoc status and retriggered frm BD87.

Thanx,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

since mapping gets executed on Java stack,i would guess that when u tried for the first time there was problem with the Java stack itself and due to which mapping didn't execute properly(provided the sender payload was correct).

i guess you should be able to see this in log for Java stack

Thanx

Aamir

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the IDOC Metadata and Reload it again and try it out...with all the mandatory fields are populated.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

We don't have that problem again. It happened only for 5 messages with in 2 min. after that all messages were processing without any problems for the same interface.

Thanx,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

Today also got the same error "RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation" for other interface. Here scenario is IDoc to file.

I checked and there is no problem in mapping.

All these interfaces were running since few months, and no issues.

As u said Delete the IDoc meta data and importing again cann't be done for every interface.

Plz let me know wht else can be done to prevent this problem again and again.

Thanx,

Kumar