cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Precedence - Logon Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently experiencing an issue with the language users see for an SAP Transaction iview.

Right now, the users see this iview window in French and German, and I found that this is being determined by their IE browser setting. If the users log directly into SAP, they see English.

I know that there is language precedence, but I am concerned about forcing a language upon all users. I know that the logon language can be set at the iview level, which forces the iview to be viewed in that language.

I also know that the language can be set at the portal level, which it currently is not, but this would take precedence over the IE browser language.

Furthermore, I know that the user could change their browser language, but that is not very realistic.

Is there any way to pass the language dynamically to the iview in order to take precedence over the IE browser, or do the users have to set their language at the portal level, preventing the iview from having to be set for everyone? Like a lang=EN or sap-language=EN?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you found an answer Christophe ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I have not found an answer to this question yet.