cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST error, finished with status TST_ERROR + Java error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I hope to get help with this.

I am installing SAP NW on Linux (for system z), database will be DB2 on z/OS. I am at the "DB Connectivity Screen". I filled all parameters and clicked "Next", I got this error: Execution of the command "/opt/IBMJava2-s390-142/bin/java -classpath /tmp/sapinst_exe.20052.1194294025/JAR/db2radm.jar:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1//java//db2jcc.jar:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1//java//db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar -Xmx1024m InstallUtilities.XORing /tmp/install2/tmp_password.out XXXXXX" finished with status TST_ERROR.

What could be wrong? just to be sure, I used the following userids/parameters:

1. I am installing from root (on Linux)

2. In DB Administrator userid: I wrote down "SYSADM1", which is the DB2 z/OS admin, this id does not exist on the local Linux.

3. In the DB Connect userid: I wrote down "R3USER", which is another DB2 for z/OS admin userid, this id does not exist on the local Linux.

By the way, in an earlier screen I used "DEV" as the SAP SID, do I need to create a userid by the name of DB2DEV? if yes, where to write it down?

In addition I looked at the /tmp/install directory I found a file by the name of encode_password.log. This file has this error in it

[ *Out of memory, aborting* ]

[ ]

[ *** panic: JVMST018: Cannot allocate memory for initializeMarkAndAllocBits(allocbits1) ]

So, I increased my Linux swap space from 2G to 5G and retried but got the exact same error again.

Any help will be highly appreciated.Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've upgraded Java and that error went away Thanks for the help.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashraf,

Check the ulimits -a to check the limits set on the userid.

Check SAP Note:

Note 613639 - Java memory problems when you start the OUI

Although the above note talks about AIX and Oracle. I doubt that its a JVM error, so it should also apply to LINUX and DB2.

Regards,

Siddhesh