cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition with wrong purchasing group - release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There is a lot questions about release strategies but I cannot find answer.

I have release strategy based on:

- Plant

- Purchasing Group

If I create Purchase Requisition with right purchasing group release strategy is assigned to PR item.

When use wrong purchasing group - release strategy is not assigned.

How to easy set control – if user use wrong purchasing group system automatically set one strategy which not allow to create purchase order.

There is too many plants (150) and purchasing groups (60) to create all combinations in strategy. So I cannot do that.

Maybe there is some useful user-exit?

I use SAP ECC 6.0

My problem occurred because SAP allow to create PO with reference to PR which have no assigned strategy.

Thanks in advance for help

Arek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rather then assigning possible 200 combination to suggested release strategy...you can assign release strat. which will bloc wrong PR. to document when characteristic combinations are " not equal" to the "correct combination" ... this will save a lot of work and will not have possibility of missing out any wrong combinations.

hope this will help.

award points if useful

regards

Avinash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simple solution for your problem:

For right combinations of Pgr and plants anyway, you have setup release strategy.

For the remaining combinations of PGr and Plants ( which you didn't recommend to users to use the PGrs etc), set up one unique strategy to be determined in which the final release will be assigned to an indicator "S" blocked (instead of released "1").

So, when a smart user tries to use a PGr that is not given to them for usage, it blocks the requisition. Even if the approver is smart (or by mistake) and approved the PReq, it is still blocked due to its final status determined by the indicator S which is blocked.

So, no buyer can convert it into PO.

Hope, this helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is solution

But as I wrote before – there is too many incorrect combination.

Example

PG A1, A2, A3, A4…. A50

Pl 2200, PG A1 – OK

Pl 2200, PG A2 – OK

Pl 2200, PG A3..50 NOK

For this example I have to set 48 combinations (strategy with S).

I noticed that I would have to set about 200 strategies. Client don’t want accept it.

You wrote – “set up one unique strategy”. How? As I know I need 200 strategies (or there is something I don’t know

Kind regards

Arek