Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Heuristics - Planning object couldnot be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our APO Production System, we are running a process chain

called "Daily Distribution Without SMD". SNP Heuristic and Deployment

Heristic are run through this process chain.

During the SNP Heuristic run, we are encountering the error "Planning

Object Could Not Be Determined".

Before starting the process chain, we have also run the

report /SAPAPO/LCM_CONS_CHECK in order to remove inconsistencies.Still

the problem persists.

We have even re initialized the planning area but still problem exists.

Can someone guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are also getting this error quite often and the solution to this is the consistency check .

Somtimes /SAPAPO/LCM_CONS_CHECK does solve But correct TCode is /n/sapapo/om17 in which put product location for which you are getting this error.

this should resolve your issue.

Regds,Digs

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting the same error message "Planning object could not be determined" when we running heuristic interactively or via background. We verified that all the master data, Resources, PPMs and TLANE were set up correctly. Still getting the error after we did the Live Cache consistency check.

Appriciates any inputs you could provide. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Check that: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1056042

Regards

Alper

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jagadeesh

the way I would approach this issue would be to break the network into smaller pieces and exactly find out which master data object could be causing this issue. So try to include smaller subsets of data and see if Heuristics run. Eg. Including say just finished items and running location heuristics. Iteratively try to see if this problem exists due to a specific master data object or does it occur for every subset of data. Am sure you will be able to find the exact cause

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

We already found out some product locations which are causing the problem. We are running location heuristics for one location product in interactive SNP planning, then the following error comes during the run. Then i have checked the Transportation lanes and quota for that, it seems to be ok.

I am wondering that anyhing we missed out in the process of investigation of error like any tables we need to check or any reports we need to run.

Please guide me on how to go about solving this issue.

Thanks & regards,

Jagadeesh

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadeesh ,

Whenever you add / delete any APO Master Data Object be it Tlane or PPM etc , you need a repair option consistency check to be carried out else gives an error of planning object cannot be determined .

I also faced this error and we escalated to SAP and in our case the table /sapapo/matlane was not getting an internal number generated after the Tlane was used .

You have to take a consistency check before any SNP Heu Run whenever an APO Master Data is added / deleted .

Regards ,

Prashant Kumar