cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS - How to filter a BPS layout based on keyfigure value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am in a requirement to display a BPS layout based on a keyfigure value. Basically filter based on a keyfigure value. I don't want to display any records which contains a value of '0' in a particular keyfigure. Is this possible in BPS.

Thanks,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Through macros, we can hide records if that keyfigure is 0 or we can delete those records also.

The other way could be to write an exit giving a condition if that keyfigure is 0, delete those records from buffer and putting this exit function on layout opening. Then we wont get those records in the layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys for your response.

The macro is not going to help me because the number of records from the database fetch is going to be more than 15000 and the valid records are only around 100. And since BPS cannot display more than 9999 records this would be a problem. This is my assumption. Let me try this out and see how BPS responses.

I tried using the exit function to delete the records from buffer with the condition if the keyfigure is 0 but the other keyfigures values are affect due to this. Meaning BPS keeps track of the changed records and changes the other keyfigure value to 0.

e.g. I have 2 keyfigure, A and B. A is the keyfigure where I check the value for 0 and B is the keyfigure with a non-zero value say $10. And in the exit before processing I have 10 records out of which 2 records are having value 0 for the A keyfigure and 8 records are having value as 1 for the A KeyFigure. And B keyfigure is having $10 for all the records. Based on the condition I delete off the 2 records from memory. SEM keeps track of this change and when you press on the save button in planning layout, the value for the B keyfigure are changed from $10 to $ -10 and saved to the database, I don't want this change in value to B keyfigure happening. So any other work arounds....

Thanks,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way could be to achieve this using Excel macros in the layout (of course if you are using excel and not web