cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the concept of S_TCODE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

What is that exactly do>> S_TCODE... I have to create one role with S_RFC & S_RFCACL + S_TCODE that is what SAP recomended! Can I create without S_TCODE? what is actually S_TCODE is?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

HI prince,

Thanks for your reply, I want to know the main reason why do we use this S_TCODE, what if we dont use it, what is giong to happen? for some reason, I cant get the explanation..

thanks a lot.!! I know you can help!

Former Member

Alf,

you need to have this auth objext S_TCODE with values ( like SM51,SM21 ,ST* ) to access that transaction. If none of the assigned role/prfile contains this auth object , you cant execute any transaction.When you execute a transaction , system will check this auth object to see whether you have access to that transaction else you will get something like you do not have authorization for transaction xxxx . Check SUIM , enter your id and see what values are given to S_TCODE for roles assigned to you. Hepls to understand better.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got it!

THanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you want to create without S_TCODE auth object ?

S_TCODE is an authorization object which is required ( not sufficient all the time ) to start an SAP transaction from command box or menu .

Thanks

Prince Jose