cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI RFC call inconsistent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would appreciate some help in XI scenario I have which uses RFC to bring back a list of sales orders.

When I run the RFC FM on R3 system I get 54 sales orders but in XI the RFC returns back 52 sales orders with the same criteria. Some how 2 sale orders are missed out.

As far as I knew XI should get the same data from the RFC as you would run it on R3 so not sure whats gone wrong.

Any direction into where I should be looking will be helpful.

Regards

Kam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's no possible that you have the same criteria. You must debug it. You can create a Log Table in R/3 and capturate the entry in order to see the criteria and other things in the RFC, when you call from SAP XI.

The problem can be multiple things. For example: you really dont pass the parameters to R/3, the conection language its different in R/3 sapgui and SAP XI - SAP R/3, etc.

You should to see in sxmb_moni the RFC import parameters are OK.

Regards.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen a similar issue.........testing the rfc on r/3 gave a correct return..however in xi i wasnt getting anything back.......in my case it was one record..and i modified the rfc code to make sure it added the request info into a table...Let me know if this is fixed.and how

Regards

Ravi Raman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems as if the RFC is running without taking in the new parameter. I have entered the new paramter in the required DT and Message mappings and can see the field in MONI transaction populated correctly. Does XI hold a copy of the RFC parameters in the cache which need refreshing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would always recommend to check the log files, but you may need to extend the status first in Visual Admin:

 Services

 Log Configurator

 Locations

 Choose the location (Java package) and the tracing level (severity)

(for example, com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc)

 Root Location > com > sap > aii > RFC

 Set the severity and choose Copy Severity to Subtree.

Extend to debug, and check the trace file.

See if there are any issues highlighted in here.

Trace will be found:

/usr/sap/[SID]/[instance]/j2ee/cluster/server[N]/log/defaultTrace.[x].trc