Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UVM Link Visible - No Sync BO's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

here is the situation today,

Config has been done on the backend, scenarios have been created and assigned to the users

Middleware, sync bo's has been imported, generated and configured to replicate, the background jobs have been setup

I converted the MAM25.war file to an SDA file and then imported using SDM as an APPLICATION (is this correct?)

The device in this case a laptop can synch with the server, however all i see is UVM, no MAM links

when go to the NW Mobile administrator and look at the device > error tab, i see the following

SyncBO MAM25_017 not (re)generated SMARTSYNC

I have reloaded the Sync Bo's and I am still seeing the same error

Landscape

Backend - 4.7 sp25 on 620 kernel

Middleware - NW2004s MI Usase SP12

Client - laptop WinXP sp2

Any ideas appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I see :

(re)generated SMARTSYNC

Open MEREP_PC - go to tab Synchronizer. Are all flags green and all ticks set in column "Enabled"?

If not:

- Go to MEREP_SBUILDER and generate all SyncBOs

- Replicate all SyncBOs

- Enable all SyncBOs

After that go MEREP_MON. There you should see some items in I-WAITING state. select one of these and trigger handler.

After that the process will work as expected.

Oh, the UVM just means, that you have no data on the device. Once you have done the steps above, you will see data coming down to your device.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Thanks for the quick response, All the SyncBOs are enabled with a green flag, I checked MEREP_MON and there were some I-Waiting so I did use the trigger handler, however when I synch the device its still not seeing anything come across.

I checked MEREP_MON and I do see I have a 4 SyncBOs in O-Waiting now.

I might be missing something, do I have to somehow make the devices aware of the SyncBOs, I thought the MAM application pushed out to the devices will see them.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

4 outbound is not much. Sync a few times, then these should come down - is your system slow? check table MEREP_207 - do all SyncBOs have entries there? Perhaps your setting is wrong in SPRO on the backend.

This is a complex scenario - perhaos it is better to discuss this via MSN or Skype. There I can guide you through the process with a short notice.

Well, PDF - beside the inst and config guides - there are some notes and that stuff - off course - but the problem is where to start. I think in your case the config and inst guides should give a good overview to the point where you are.

You will find my details in the CARD here at SDN.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

here ismy analysis of the problem based onyour description:

1. the fact that you only see UVM link on the device indicats that MAM scenario that is asociated with the user is not sent to the device It comes to the device i SyncBo 095 Item 030. the easiest wy to check it on the devic is via database view tool (start_full.jsp).

2.SyncBo 095 has cascading relationship with SyncBo 016 (Catalog profiles) which in turn hsa relationship with SyncBo 017 (Catalog codes). If you have a problem with 017 it can be the reason why you don't get 095 (and all the rest).

You should test BAPIs getList and geetails for 016 and 017. if there is no visible error with those BAPIs duble-check that replication worked properly for those SyncBo and all expected catalogs are on the moddleware (table merep_207).

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

after our chat, I have the following to add:

Using MI in a virtual environment is perhaps not the best idea, but at least you have a wrong setup. Well, wrong is perhaps a little bit to drastic, but your selection is to open. Please shrink the selection to limit the amount of data that comes down to the device. The errors in ST22 you mentioned in our chat should go away then as well. And 700 items in MAM_030 - well, that is not the number you will see on the device in your test.

Check the settings in SPRO on the backend. Have you a selection in "Additional Functional Locations"? This is additional - there you should have no selection. Mostly if you have a wring selection there, MAM_090 and MAM_095 as well as MAM_016 will increase as well.

And then watch the flow of items in MEREP_MON. There you should see that in a usual sync, all SyncBOs receive an inbound request and this goes to an outbound request. Then there should be some items in O-waiting and while you sync the next time these items should come down to the device. There are things like repetitive sync and that stuff that will do that in a single sync loop, but for your tests I think it is better to live with the basic setting and start from there.

Hope this helps you to shrink the amount of data and get the sync working. As I have seen from the conversation we had, the device and the system itself are working fine by itself.

Have fun,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larissa,

I checked the device and did not find a start_full.jsp, is this because i am use the fileIO persistence?

I checked the BAPi's and did not get any errors and there is information in the MEREP_207 for all the SyncBO's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

on the device - check the following:

http://localhost:4444/<app-name>/start.jsp

It could be that the link has changed to start_full.jsp

Well, have you shrinked the dataset in the meantime and what about merep_mon. do zou have items in O-waiting or o-send wor all SyncBOs? This has to be the case before you can use the app in a propper way.

Is there a setting for the user in SPRO and is the data available for that user in MAM_090 syncbo in MEREP_207 in the middleware?

Regards,

Oliver

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

sorry didn't pay more attention. Start_full is MAM3.0 feature, it is start.jps in MAM2.5 if I remember correctly.

If you are sure that all data required for device is properly replicated to the middleware we have eliminated backend configuration as a possible culprit.

It means that we have to search for an answer on the middleware. Here is what I will look at:

1. Check if there are errors with st22 transactions.

2. if none, check merep_pd, are all SyncBos "green", activated and show no syntax errors/inconsistencies

3. if yes, go to merep_mon and start looking in log and statuses. Is anything in "Waiting" status, if yes which side "I" or "O".

4. Did you play with the system, trying to fix the issue between device syncing. Was replicated DB reset in the process, if yes - device reintsallatiom is required

5. Reset data on the device, try to sync again and monitor what happens

Regards,

Larissa Limarove

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Update for today,

I do not have access to the backend to reduce the data coming across, I informed my colleague on Oliver's suggestions about reducing the data coming across. I will send the details in an email.

I came across this post yesterday

it details issues with ME-SYNC_USER. I decided to give it a try, I created that user on the middleware and backend, added MAM25 to his device and now I am getting this error message

Trace

[20071116 15:13:56:614] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON

[20071116 15:13:56:614] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Infrastructure version: MI 70 SP 13 Patch 0 Build 200708120242

[20071116 15:13:56:614] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current timezone: America/Chicago[20071116 15:13:56:614] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Trace Level: 10

[20071116 15:17:03:644] E [MI/Sync ] Exception while synchronizing via http

com.sap.ip.me.api.services.HttpConnectionException: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://housapmblt1.anadarko.com:8001/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?sysid=MPD&client=001&~language=EN&ACKNOWLEDGE=X&)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.HTTPSynchronizer.synchronize(HTTPSynchronizer.java:347)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.HTTPSynchronizer.synchronize(HTTPSynchronizer.java:494)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.HTTPSynchronizer.exchangeData(HTTPSynchronizer.java:74)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSyncCycle(SyncManagerImpl.java:814)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.syncForUser(SyncManagerImpl.java:1277)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSynchronization(SyncManagerImpl.java:908)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:463)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:318)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:641)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[20071116 15:17:03:644] E [Unknown ] Mobile Asset Management Error begin:

[20071116 15:17:03:644] E [Unknown ] Error in CstmCustomController

[20071116 15:17:03:644] E [Unknown ] java.lang.NullPointerException: no message available

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.mbs.mam.bo.impl.Mam095ManagerImpl.getMam095Item030s(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.impl.CstmCustomControllerImpl.getBusinessProcess(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.getBusinessProcess(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.getOrderIsActive(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.isComponentActive(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.getActivatedComponentsList(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.sync.SyncInboxObserver.updateActivatedComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.sync.SyncInboxObserver.messageReplyReceived(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.syncOut.SyncOutRuntimeImpl.processSyncDoneActivities(SyncOutRuntimeImpl.java:547)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SmartSyncRuntimeImpl.actionPerformed(SmartSyncRuntimeImpl.java:468)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SmartSyncRuntimeManager.actionPerformed(SmartSyncRuntimeManager.java:288)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SyncAdapter.actionPerformed(SyncAdapter.java:64)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncEventRegistryImpl.fireSyncEventNotifierMethod(SyncEventRegistryImpl.java:317)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.raiseSyncEvent(SyncManagerImpl.java:1294)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:548)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:318)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:641)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[20071116 15:17:03:644] E [Unknown ] Mobile Asset Management Error end

Now since I do not have access to the backend system, I wonder if you guys have seen this and can give me pointers in addition to sending the MAM backend config guide on to my colleague.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

create a variant for that user in SPRO ANR replicate the data for MAM090 and MAM095 SyncBo after that. Then the error should disappear - I think.

Regards,

Oliver