cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mvt types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a movement type for transfer materials from a plant to a vendor (i.e. tools)

that needs subcontractor for the activity?

The movement is not related to components but is something (i.e. tools) given to a vendor that after the assembly, will come back to the plant without any "Accounting" registration.

It's a good issue and a good receipt without any accounting registration.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 options:

Create the vendor as a storage location and do a 311. The advantage of creating the vendor as a storage location is that you can track which tools are with which vendor.

Use 541 to send tools to the vendor. Reverse it (542) when the tools are returned.

Lakshman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Info provided by SAP

Returnable transport packaging (for example, pallets and containers) is a medium for multiple transports of ordered materials between vendors and customers.

Returnable transport packaging belonging to the vendor and situated in the storage area is managed as special stock and clearly allocated to the relevant vendor. Because this packaging belongs to the vendor, it is not included in the valuated stock.

In addition to material master data, special stock data is necessary to keep returnable transport packaging belonging to different vendors separate.

This special stock data is defined at storage location level for each vendor.

The R/3 System creates special stock data the first time you receive returnable transport packaging stocks. The data cannot be maintained manually, but is automatically updated with every goods movement or inventory.

Returnable transport packaging can only be allocated to “unrestricted use” stock. You cannot take samples for quality inspections or create blocked stocks. Depending on how your R/3 System is configured, you can have negative stocks.

You can enter “other” goods receipts into returnable transport packaging stock, enter the quantity of returnable transport packaging when entering a goods receipt with reference to a purchase order, and carry out a transfer posting from one storage location to another (always with reversal and return).

Vishal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend one of the following alternatives:

1) Use RTP - Returnable Transportation Packagin materials solution...simpleand easy to use...

2) Use Customer Consignment solution. i.e. create a customer master for your vendor and transfer your tools to customer (vendor) as consignment stock.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from where using RTP?

Best regards