cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg standard text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding standard text please let me when exactly we have to go for standard text I know the advantage is reusability(and we use for standard addresses).I want to print for my sales order form line item headings like material number description currency how I have to define.I have to define like hard coded or standard text for this scenario?

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to fetch this std text intp program using thr READ_TEXT fun module

in SAP provision is given in all application documents to store the lengthy data in the form of Long text in text ediotr in Both header and Item level;

these texts are differentiated based on the 4 fields called OBJECT,ID<OBJECTNAME and Language

goto the text ediotr GOTO->HEADER you can see these 4 parameters

use them in read_text fun modules

and fetch it and use in forms/reports

Regards

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Typical examples of standard text are inco terms or term of delivery or shipping instructions or terms of payment etc... generally the text in all the above mentioned things will be same for similier kind of orders.

Say you have hardcoded all these terms in , for example, 2 to 4 forms, for diffrent order types. When ever there is a change in any one of these terms you have to open all the forms where it is hardcoded and chege them all. Instead of that if you use a standard text it is reqired for you to change the text only once.

Technicall speaking you can maintain line item headings in a standard text and use them in your form. But where is re-usability. In how many forms you will have the same item headings. And also you can not get proper column alignments between item headings and item details if you use standard texts.

And also as Naimesh said, we use standard texts when you need to print forms in diffrent languages.

Regards,

Bharat.

Message was edited by:

Bharat Reddy V

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally Standard text is used when you need to translate it into some other language.

And you said Reusability is one advantage.

For this type of small heading, I recommonde to put local text instead of the std text.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel