cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearance of alert message from alert inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI Experts,

We are using XI 7.0, We have configure alerts for many of our scenario and it is working good. Whenever messages is failed in IE or AE we get an alert in our alert inbox in RWB and for MS outlook. But I observed that alert messages disappear from alert inbox in RWB after the expiry date of the alert message.

I would like to know why my messages are disappearing from alert inbox in RWB after the expiry date? Do we need to do any setting in the system to keep the alert messages in the alert inbox of RWB after the expirty date of message?

Any helpful input is appreciated.

MP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well it makes to clear the alert inbox by having a expiry time but if you do not want one, set the Expiry time in ALRTCATDEF for your alert category to a high value.

This is explained here,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/96/f1033c128f4a7de10000000a114084/content.htm

<i> In the Expiry Time in Min. field, you can enter a life span for alerts of this category if the alerts will no longer be relevant after a specific period of time. If the expiry time elapses, the alert is removed from the alert inbox and is no longer delivered using any other channel.

Expiry times can be derived from various sources. Priority is given first to the data provided by the triggering application, second to the BAdI ALERT_EXP_DATE, and third to this field in the alert category definition. If none is found in any of these sources, the default expiry of 31.12.2099 applies.</i>

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bhavesh for your reply. I alloted 10 points to you..

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project same thing we use to get the Alerts in Alert inbox and it use to got deleted after the expiry date..........i think it will be common settings dor all Alert inbox...........and if possibel consult ur Basis guy for Help to do any setings.

Regards,

Phani

Reward Points if Helpful

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would forward it to another id............where its out of xi jurisdiction...:-))

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What u like to forward the Email which u got in ur Mail box .........ur saying.

Regards,

Phani