cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 5.0 Session Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using EP 5.0. When logging in it accepts the credentials but immediately throws a message that says "Your session has expired. Please login again"

Please help, this is urgent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You. I also stumbled across that and am trying it now. But what would make them become out of wack? The system was working fine yesterday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

good point - no idea but I do remember having to do that myself once but Im pretty sure it was after a windows 2000 server patch had been applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you remind me on how to check the license validity?

I will check the time on the server to be sure it matches.

The environment is one front-end with two databases clustered on the back-end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

er from memory - its a file in the directory structure - I think you can also check it from one of the administration menus in the portal - which of course you cant logon to

I THINK there is a "licencekey" or "licence.key" file - I know at least part of it is encoded but I think it still contains cleartext things like expiry date ....

You havent changed any of the underlying hardware recently have you - I know the licence key even back then was keyed to hardware ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

heres another note that could be checked 447920.

It talks about check that the verify.pse are the same between c:\winnt\system32 and <irj installdir>\WEB-INF\plugins\portal\services\usermanagement\data\

if they are not they suggest replacing the WINNT version with the one from portal. Id recommend a restart after this also.

Haydn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what the note says to do:

Switch to the Java signing routine by setting parameter login.ticket_creation_java=1 in usermanagement.properties or install EP 5.0 SP 6 or EP 5.0 SP5 patch 1 hotfix 10.

I have looked at this file and do not find the setting it's talking about.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

im suspecting it means add it if it doesnt exist. Never had to use it personally but maybe something in your environment has changed - its not unheard of for EP5.0 to get stroppy about infrastructure changes .....

Its not something bizarre like your licence expiring is it ...... I cant honestly remember if the licences were lifetime back then or whether they had a limited validity.

Is this a standalone or cluster EP5 ? The annoying thing is I have seen this problem periodically but not consistently. Have you checked the time and date of the server to see if it correct and matches reality !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried a restart of the front-end and backend. We are using SQL Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could first take a look at SAP Note 662316 (Problems with bad tickets).

Im not sure why it would suddenly become a problem for you but worth checking it out none the less.

Haydn

Former Member
0 Kudos

im sure im not preaching here but does a system restart solve the problem?

What DB are you using - I know oracle was notorious for running out of sessions / processes with EP5.0 perhaps you have reached the limit.

Haydn

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I am using FQDN. It is able to authenticate ok becuase if I use a wrong user id and pwd it will tell me it's wrong. Otherwise it's throwing the above error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried clearing out your browser cache & cookies and trying again?

Its been a while since I used an EP5.0 system ... is this true for all valid users or just the one you are testing with?

Haydn

Former Member
0 Kudos

from memory ..... are you using FQDN to access the server. I have a feeling that EP5.0 throws this message if you dont access it like:

http://myserver.mydomain.com:port/ etc etc ....

Haydn