cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizations in cFolders 4.00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I try to undastand what for organizations used in cFolders.

I set up "Activate opganization" in SAP Reference IMG for cFolders. After that I understood that for all users I must join organization (set up Biseness Partner integration in Back-End system).

I set up Biseness Partner integration and now all users in system link to organizations. I see this moment at "Settings - Organizations".

I suppose that Organization in cFolders allow to manage permissions for objects, and i try to see poin Organization in authorization type list, but i see only User, user group and role.

Can anyone explain how to use organization correctly?

Sanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey..

Plz. go thru the following lines which will clarify ur doubts about relation btwn and use of BP,Organization in cFolders...

Business partner integration affects the authorization concept.

You use business partners to link users to enterprises. Each enterprise has a business partner of the type Organization and each user has a business partner of the type Person. These business partners are linked by relationships although they are not always visible to each other.

Business partner integration enables you to transfer the administration of external users to the appropriate partner enterprise and you can control the extent to which external users are visible to each other.

This is just a short description..for more details plz go to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm400/helpdata/en/index.htm and then to Business Partner integration which is next to cFolders Functions.

Thanks,

Mateen

If u find this useful, plz. award appropriate points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mateen.

Sank you for your answer.

In Description of BP integration says following:

"Business partner integration allows you to assign users to organizations. This enables you to differentiate between internal and external users from different partner enterprises.

1. You can transfer user administration of external users to the appropriate partner enterprise

2. You can control whether the users from the different partner enterprises are visible to each other.

3. You can use membership of an organization as a selection criterion in the user selection when assigning authorizations for objects." - it is great

Now i try to realise in system the third point of aforesaid. - I do not understand how to use membership of an organization as a selection criterion in the user selection when assigning authorizations for objects.

In my comprehension this moment work following - after activation Organizations in authorization type list added new type - "Organization"

After that we may see for types in list:

User, user group, role and Organization.

Perhaps, i understand this feature incorrectly. And now i have only three authorization types.

Answers (0)