cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation in Interface determination !!??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need two different mapping programs to be called between the same source and target interfaces based on a condition(based on data in incoming payload). I tried to add this in the interface determination object , however it does not allow me to define them.

Any idea why this limitation(Two different Interface Mappings cannot be called between the same source & target interfaces based on a condition) is imposed in the interface determination ?

Thanks

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana.

<b>I'm not sure if this works that way</b>

but have you tried setting 2 mapping programs

in one interface mapping?

this way you'd only need one interface det

(with interface mapping)

maybe it's worth to try ?:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir/Michal,

Actually i wanted to avoid a BPM , but had to go with it just because of this limitation, ll try to explain what my requirement is

1) One mapping program, srcmessage -> targetmessage

2) Two mapping programs, srcmessage -> message1 & message1 -> targetmessage

I have two interface mappings in repository for this. one interface mapping has 1 message mapping , and the other interface mapping has 2 mapping programs(1Java + 1 mesg mapping program) referred in them.

My sender service & interface is always fixed, because incoming data to XI always hits a BPM which will validate data and send the data out(this BPM is used by many other interfaces and we dont want to change this)

My receiver service & interface is also fixed because , In both cases , i have to send the target message to SAP via an RFC. If it is not an RFC i can have two different Message interfaces defined over a Message Type and handle this limitation, but it is not the case, since it is an RFC.

I know i have to call interface mapping 1 if the data contains a specific flag & call interface mapping 2 if the data contains another status. I thought of doing this by condition based routing in interface determination and got stuck.

I have workaround this issue by having a intermediate BPM , and having additional dummy interfaces to avoid the duplication, but was curious why this is not being allowed. It allows me to define , but does not allow me to activate .

Thanks

Saravana