cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts: don't want to receive mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

How can I stop ALM (Alert Management) sending mails when an alert is triggered? We only want to notice these alerts by UWL in the Portal.

Thanks in advance, kind regards!

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have configured alerts then you will get alerts in your alert inbox in RWB.

but to stop getting e-mails in your corporate e-mailbox,just delete the mail ID of the user from SU01

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Aamir, but I can't do such a thing. Isn't any way to stop mailing alerts, without deleting any user info?

Kind regards,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There no other way to stop mails,u have to delete ur ID in SU01.

Regards,

phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What you do is go to alertcatdef transaction and there is a option called Recipient Determination under that you will get the fixed alert recipinet name delete that name so it will not send mail to that recipient.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then you need to change the configurations in tcode SCOT(which i advice you should not do).

there might be other options too but all of them require some changes or the other.

here i m assuming that you do need to get alerts in in alert inbox but not in corporate mailbox,right?

Thanx

Aamir

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry transaction name is ALRTCATDEF.

Chirag

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete the entries in the Fixed Receipients of the alert categories.

VJ

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dont delete anything..........Create a new mail id .........as a placeholder...where you can recieve all your alerts and then setup rules in outlook..............to forward only what you want...as you will need all that documentation.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

The fact is:

1) I want alerts to be sent only to action inbox, so that they are visible in Enterprise Portal UWL.

2) Alert category recipients will be determined dynamically: an application uses the standard function to create an alert and sends the alert to the recipient user determined on runtime.

3) I can't delete user info.

So, none of the solutions you provided is valid for me.

Thank you anyway!

Jon