cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES User Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been tasked with finding out whether you can create a user profile for IDES which provides a user with display access only.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for letting me know.

This will be the first time I've had to create a role as I'm more of a SAP BI developer working on InfoCubes / ODS's etc. Can you recommend any documents / instructions that would assist me in learning how to do this?

Thanks,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

In each roles when you create with transactions there is something called authorization objects and activity of which can be restricted to Display which will enable users to see the things but can not do anything apart from seeing.

In PFCG you can change the activity of autorization objects to display which will restrict users to just see the information.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes you can... you need to put some work on it thought!!!

What you want the user to display?

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

What we want is to allow people access to view the whole environment but not be allowed to add/change/delete/run things.

Is this 'general sweep of display everything but not do anything' possible?

I've also got no knowledge of IDES (which doesn't help). Is there anywhere I can read up on what IDES is and what you use it for?

Regards,

Mark.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You'll need to build a role with display access to all the transactions you want your users to view... SAP use to have a SAP_ALL_display profile ages ago but it was removed so its up to you to put it together. Auth concepts in IDES are no different from the ones on ECC...

So you need to put this role together using PFCG.

Regards

Juan