cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

populating Data in flex combobox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi xMIItes,

I'm trying to populate data of a Xacute query in a combobox in Flex. The query is defined properly and returns proper data.

I'm not able to assign the values to combobox... I have tried following combinations of code in Flex...

<mx:ArrayCollection id="stateAC" source="{orderList.lastResult.Rowsets.Rowset.Row}"/>

<mx:HTTPService id="orderList"/>
	<mx:ComboBox x="130" y="10" dataProvider="{stateAC}">
</mx:ComboBox>

<b>This doesn't return Anything

</b>

<mx:ComboBox x="130" y="10" dataProvider="{orderList.lastResult.Rowsets.Rowset.Row}">

<b>It returns a combobox full of text ..........[object] [object].....[object]...</b>

<mx:ComboBox x="130" y="10" dataProvider="{orderList.lastResult.Rowsets.Rowset.Row}">

<b>it doesn't return anything in combobox</b>

Please help me find a solution

Regards,

Musarrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Musarrat,

we managed to get the results with WebService, here is an example. I assume you have built the Flex application mxml with something like "...creationComplete="orderList.Xacute.send()" to execute the remote request.

The WebService definition (URL is for xMII 12.0, maybe you must change it to http://<server>:<Port>/Lighthammer/ for version 11). You should also try if you really need the login name and password.

<mx:WebService id ="orderList"

wsdl="http://<server>:<Port>/XMII/WSDLGen/<Path-to-transaction>/<transaction-name>"

useProxy="false">

<mx:operation name="Xacute" resultFormat="e4x">

<mx:request>

<XacuteRequest>

<InputParams>

<LoginName> ... </LoginName>

<LoginPassword> ... </LoginPassword>

<Your-Input-Parameter> input value </Your-Input-Parameter>

</InputParams>

<XacuteRequest>

<mx:request>

<mx:operation>

</mx:WebService>

We have used an XMLListCollection to store the data like this (you have to use the resultFormat e4x with the remote call to make this work):

<mx: XMLListCollection id="xc"

source="{orderList.Xacute.lastResult.Rowset.Row}" />

You can then use the dataProvider="".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Musarrat

Also do remember to put the value in laberField property of <mx:ComboBox>.

The values should be the coloumn name of your XML result which you want to list in the

ComboBox

regards

Rupesh

Answers (0)