cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Brasilian Timezone on HPUNIX with other timezone set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have to move an R3 system from Brasil to Europe. The problem is that the Brasilians want to continue working in the Brasilian timezone and that on my system there are several European SAP systems. The European system is in timezone TZ=MET-1METDST.

Can someone please advice a strategy I can follow ?

thanks a lot

Davy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davy,

You can set the Timezone individually for each Sap user (SU01 - Fixed Values - Personal Time Zone), or make a massive change selecting users from SU10. By default, it's the same TZ as the system.

Best Regards,

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JC,

I did that, but the jobscheduling in DB13 will still use the system time. It will also be an issue when the system will switch from Daylight Saving no ?

kind regards

Davy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In fact, the system "translates" the time you put to the system time (usually there's no difference), so if a Brazilian user schedule a job from DB13, it will run at the time the user wrote. Maybe sounds a little confusing...

I don't know if Brazil uses the Daylight Saving time, but don't think it would be a problem.

Best Regards,

JC Llanes.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We do that in China too, the user has UTC+6 and the system has CET - and it works.

--

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

We set the system time (for orasid and sidadm) to GMT and defined a new timezone GMT without daylight saving and added the DS entrie as described in note 1101483. In transaaction STZAC we defined the system timezone (GMT) and the default user timezone (Brazil). This is only valid for the users who do not have a timezone defined in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it with one of our users. We changed the Timezone for the user to Brazilian timezone. The system timezone is CET. But when I log in, the syslog, st04, system status etc are still in CET. I got adviced to set <sid>adm and ora<si> to GMT0 time and run transaction STZAC to set default user time to BSP (Brasilian Time)