Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different user IDs in LDAP and R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EP EP 6.0 SP20

We have configured Single sign on from protal to R/3. Works great... Then we started out to use LDAP for Portal user maangement. PErformed the configuration in portal and this works fine as well.

My main issue is that the LDAP user ID and the R/3 user ID are not the same and hence we would not be able to perform Single sign on.

For example the LDAP user ID name of an employee is "peterc" where as the LDAP user id name of that employee is "peter.cuddihy". Hence the single sign on does not work. We want to use LDAP as the user database as we also intend to cnfigure SPNego for windows based authentication.

Is ther any way that I can create the portal user id to be "peter.cuddihy" and map this user to "peterc".

NOTE : We do not want to use the User mapping functionality. IT is too to do the user mapping for the the number of users we have and also the security invloved in this method.

Any help

gogol

null

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

may it be possible to share the solution? There may be other people in the community coming across the same problem.

Thanks

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI can you please post the solution as we are working on the same isse

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also be interested in knowing which of the possible solutions you used in the end?

Additionally I would like to know what was going through your mind when you posted "resolved" into an optional field all over the forums to all your ancient threads today?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i am not sure if i am missing something, but it looks like the Login tickets would not work if LDAP user ID and the R/3 user ID are the same. Is user mapping the only way to go if the LDAP user ID and the R/3 user are different. Cant we still in some way use logon tickets from portal ( with LDAP as user data source) to R/3 ???

please advise

regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I heard that you can do some mappings within Ldap to map to the users in R/3.

I'm not a LDAP expert so not sure about the details.

-mm