cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export-Import for LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, Please let me know how to export the project-subproject-object from one devlopment server to qulity server, IN qulity server we have to import the same objects. please let me know the procedure

Regards

Pinal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinal,

Please mail me your mail ID. I will mail you a document for learning LSMW (Self Help). I followed the same and is indeed good.

Mention LSMW as the subject of the email and send it to anirban.mukherjee@rediffmail.com

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pinal,

That's right, after exporting the LSMW from Quality, you need to log into production server. Type LSMW. Then import. You will be prompted the file name. Then you have to save and then refresh.

Then you check the project subproject and object manually. You will find them there imported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have got few LSMWs created in my Dev System and also in SND systems.

Earlier I used the Export-Import mechanism for moving them to Q & P.

However I am facing issues now.

When I try to export the LSMW it opens me windows dialog box with C: drive but instead of showing me Save button,it shows me open button for click.

When I press that it does not do anything.If I select some other location and click this open button LSMW gets exported in file with the message mapping and rules exported successfully..

Now when I try to import the LSMW in another server, it does not import it & gives me error 'No importable information can be found in the file.'

Am I missing anything here ?

I have already done import export successfully couple of times in the past but why I am getting this error ?

Also, why cant I see Save button while exporting to hard drive and why it does not get exported to C: drive which appears default ?

Request you to suggest please.

Best Regards,

manOO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to reply so late.

Please check if the projectsubprojectobject is the same in both the systems.

Let me know if this solves the problem else i will give u a document with detailed steps.

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pinal,

After saving your LSMW, you get an tab on the top of your screen for export. When you click that tab, a screen will come which will direct you which projectsubprojectobject you want to export. Then you have to give the export location, which should be generally your hard drive, and the file type will be text file.

Once you click OK you will find the file saved on your desired location.

Now say the above exercise you have done it in sandbox server. Now you want the LSMW in Development or Quality or Production server.

Logon to that server. Go to LSMW. Ensure that you do not have any projectsubprojectobject in that name. (If you have then inport will not be possible in that name and u will get errors). Where u saw the export tab, you will find the import tab. Click on import, and create the projectsubprojectobject similar to the sandbox server, and then give the file name that you had saved on the local drive. The file will get imported and you will have the same LSMW in production server.

Please reward after you see the same working on the system.

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI abinav.

after saving the file.from devlop. now i have to import this file in Qulity. so i logon to qulity and in LSMW. i m entering projectsubprojectobject name. now i m click on import button, then after one screen has come for impoted projectsubprojectobject . but then after what i will do.. can u tell me detail. and how can i confirm that's its imported or not. where i have to check the data...

thanks

Regards Pinal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pinal

Once it is imported, enter once again LSMW. Now it will ask for Project + Subproject + Object. If it has already imported, you can see in the respective field by pressing F4. Alternatively, you can also directly enter the details in the three fields and execute.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi