Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespaces and repositories

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have configured an MDM application (stand alone -no NW) running on SUSE and RDBMS ORACLE 10.2 for a test phase of a project. After the set up completed successfully the functional team started uploading repositories. The repositories some times had to be dropped and recreated. Now, by looking at my Oracle Enterprise Manager I see that many table spaces have been created for the same repository but different names. For instance for the repository TSTBUSINESSPARTNER I have the following tablespaces created:

A2I_TSTBUSINESSPARTNER_M000

A2I_TSTBUSINESSPARTNER_M000_IX

A2I_TSTBUSINESSPARTNER_Z000

A2I_TSTBUSINESSPARTNER_Z000_IX

some of them are 1.0 or 0.1 MB. Are all these created because of these deletions and recreations?

Moreover, I would like to know where is defined how the tablespaces are created and where to locate the respective datafiles. By the way all the datafiles created by the repositories have been automatically stoed in the ORACLE_HOME directory while I had already prepared another FS for the datafiles. Could I also define the path of the new created datafiles?

Many thanks in advance,

Loukas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

I can only give you an explaination for the M000 and Z000: M000 contains all the current data. The Z000 table is used to store the data changes, if you've activated the change tracking.

BR Michael

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thx Michael,

what about the rest of my questions? Do you know where to configure the path of the datafiles? By default they are going to the ORACLE_HOME dir.

Rgds,

Loukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

try with Oracle Enterprise Manager Console, on Tablespaces properties. Here you can define alla about tablespaces without using SQL in SQLPlus. You need to be Administrator or something like that.

Hope this help. Regards,

Vito

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

I know how to perform maintenance from the ORACLE point of view. I just thought that in MDM tools (Import Server, Data Manager, MDM Console) I could have the option to pre-define the location of the datafiles of the tablespaces.

Of course I can go now to OEM and reorganize the tablespaces but I want to have something in place for the next repositories uploads.

Rgds,

Loukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

The repository tablespaces are deleted if you delete the repository; if you just unmount it, the tablespaces remain (the m000 and z000 things; the previous description of what these represent is correct).

As for changing the location of the data, did you try looking at the DBMS settings via the Console? Right-click on the MDS server, choose DBMS settings, pick your DBMS and provide the login info -- there are some configurable options on that screen. If it's not there, let me know and I will research the issue more.

Thanks!

-Cleopatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas

Most has been said, as Cleopatra told you, you can set a datafile path and indexfile path in the conole -> DBMS settings.

The settings are stored in table A2I_DB_SETTINGS in schema A2I_XCAT_DBS:

SQL> select * from  A2I_XCAT_DBS.A2I_DB_SETTINGS;

When you create a repository, it will also create two more database users:

A2I_TSTBUSINESSPARTNER_M000

A2I_TSTBUSINESSPARTNER_Z000

Regards Michael