cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems adding new fields in COMMPR01

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i'm triing to add some new fields in a new tabstrip to tx. COMMPR01. I've created 3 new attributes with tx. COMM_ATTRSET, then a new set of attributes and i have added these 3 new fields to the set. i've also created a view, and a category and a hierarchy. when i run tx. COMMPR01 and i add my new category to a product i can see my new tabstrip with the 3 fields. now, my doubts/problems are the following:

- these fields are editable and y want them only to show information, not to edit them. how can i change it ?? i've tried with field exits but the system must be configurated so i'm waiting to do it.

- in these fields i want to see information got from R/3. For this, i have a remote function that gets these values. but... how can i show this information in my values ??? when i run COMMPR01 for the first time i can see some user exits or badi used, but when i open a new product there's no badi/user exit. so.. i don't know how to pass the values i get in my function to the new fields...

thanks in advance...

MAria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi maria,

Have seen the sap not 428989 - Customer-specific enhancements for data exchange? This is a very good note which tells you exactly how to bring the data from additional material fields into CRM product master.

Also there is a PDF file attachment on this note. This PDF is intended for CRM 3.0, but you can still use for later versions.

For your first question, I think, you have to use the authorization object to control the display status a field level. I am sure this scenario is possible with sales order level bu using the authorization object - CRM_FLDCHK, but I am not sure for product master. Honestly, I haven't seen such an object before.

<b>Do not forget to reward if it helps,</b>

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks a lot, i'll see that note.

However, i think i've more or less solved my problem, i found that when i create a new set of attributes, a new module function associated to it is created and there i can modify the attributes of my new fields, bring the data from R/3 and then show it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i found that the system creates automatically a function for my set and attributes so that i can modsify whatever i wan there.

thanks anyway !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do appreciate posting back your solution. Many forum members doesn't do that. Please keep it up