SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Student Record - With Past Qualification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me, in creating a record of the past qualifications

of a student (High School, Higher secondary etc. with percentage

from 0-100, Granduation, etc) .

Waiting for a positive response.

Thanks a lot,

Sudhanshu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

<b>Pre-requisites :</b>

1)Maintain the entries in the Customizing for Educational Backgruond node.

2)Maintain the Transcipt categories too in SPRO

While creating the External transcripts , give the external organisation and Transcript category ( ...where you maintain as high school ,etc..) and the dates for the same . For grades maintain the scales for external organisation .

Save the transcript for different past qualifications .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be fairly straightforward in the Student Master Data transaction. Just use the tab 'External Achievements'. There is then a sub-tab for 'External transcripts'. Within the transcript tab you can then enter Subjects and Qualifications.

You will need to perform the basic customizing to indicate what types of transcripts, external organizations, qualifications, and academic scales you wish to support. You can find instructions for that in my Base IMG Configuration sticky post.

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your reply, can you plz send steps to configure this past qualification part through SPRO. I'll be very thankful to you.

Kind Regards,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

<b>Pre-requisites :</b>

1)Maintain the entries in the Customizing for Educational Backgruond node.

2)Maintain the Transcipt categories too in SPRO

While creating the External transcripts , give the external organisation and Transcript category ( ...where you maintain as high school ,etc..) and the dates for the same . For grades maintain the scales for external organisation .

Save the transcript for different past qualifications .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Gajalakshmi,

Thanks. I tried to configure it but still when i select the External Orgaization its displaying some default value (Ex. Highscool of England, US etc.), where as we want to put our values in that. Can you send me some steps for customizaton.

And in India we follow %age system not credits for 10th, 12th etc., but here it is displaying only credits how to change that also.

Can you help we out to solve the issue.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sudhanshu

0 Kudos

Sudhansu,

In addition to setting up the EO categories and such inthe IMG, you actually do need to create External Organizations via the regular SAP menu:

<i>Campus Management -> Academic Structure -> External Academic Structures.</i>

Here you can create Exteral Orgs, External Subjects (offered by the EO), and External Qualifications (conferred by the EO). After you do that, you can use your EO in a transcript.

Now, you don't even need to enter anything in the Credits fields of the transcript if you don't need that information. To handle the percentage system, maybe you just need an academic scale of 1-100. Just assign that scale as the default SU scale for the EO. Now, when you enter the subjects in the transcript, just enter the percentage as a grade.

I could answer better if I knew more about how your percentage system works, and what you would use that data for.

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

Ur reply was really helpful... 1 more issue left i.e i have selected sacle 1-100 for SU but still i am unable to give % age for highschool, secondary school etc.

We only need, Like for 10th Class (Secondary) we have % age system 63.33 %, 65.00 % etc., and we wan to enter the same values or it could be range (60.00 - 65.00 %). How can we enter these values for our secondary, graduation education.

I will be very thankful to you.

Kind regards,

Sudhanshu

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

You can enter the same values as mentioned 63.33 % , 65% and maintain the scale value from 1 to 100 for the same .

It all depends upon how we are going to use the grades in the transcripts .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Sudhansu,

I admit I don't know your academic model. Could you be a little more clear about these percentages and what they mean? Are these grades for indivudal subjects?

Just assume I know nothing at all about the educational system where you are. (A good assumption, by the way.)

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Gajalakshmi,

I tried by giving the same scale value (1-100) but when i try to select a given range like 60.00% - 65.00%, this perticular range value is not highlighted.

plz let me know if some more changes require for this configuration.

Kind Regards,

Sudhanshu

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Can you tell me what exactly you have done for the scales , where you have given that ?

What type of scale have you defined ? Eg: Linear/ Quantiy ...? Just tell this particular step so your problem would be resolved with a clearer view.

Eg: IF u have defined a scale value from 1 - 100 ,how u r defining the value range for 60 - 65 ... where it is not highlighted ...? / r it is the a different scale value altogether ...give a bit clearer view....

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I will give you a small example for our academic model. Like for High School (or Secondary School) we are following here %age system on the scale of 100 for each subject.

Maths 72, CHEMISTRY 68, PHYSICS 69

TOTAL = 726869 = 209

%age obtained = (209/300)*100 = 69.66 %

This is the total % age that a student obtain in high school i.e 69.66% and we have to enter this value in the Ext Transcripts.

Hope with this you could be able to get a bit of idea about how our academic system works.

Kind regards,

Sudhanshu

Message was edited by:

Sudhanshu Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Gajalakshmi,

I have created External Transcript by selecting Ext. Organization (Highschool) and this Ext Org has give a scale of 1-100, but when i tries to enter the values in the results total tab --> Self-Reported Average, the % age option (or range) is not highlighted. and same problem occurs with degree/qulification tab in External Grade field.

Kind Regards,

Sudhnashu

0 Kudos

Sudhanshu,

This should be fairly straightforward:

1) make sure you have a LINEAR scale defined for 0-100 (with granularity of two decimal points).

2) assign this academic scale as the default GPA scale for your external organization.

3) when you create the transcript, just enter the exact percentage in the 'Self-Reported GPA' field.

Alternately, you could enter the individual values for each subject, and have the system calculate the resulting average percentage for you...

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

How can we define the LINEAR scale defined for 0-100 (with granularity of two decimal points)

I have created External Transcript by selecting Ext. Organization (Highschool)

and this Ext Org has give a scale of 1-100, but when i tries to enter the values in the results total tab --> Self-Reported Average, the % age option (or range) is not highlighted.

One more thing we want to create a list of active student (course wise like MBA, MCA etc.)in the University, is there any inbuilt report which we can use or we have to create a customize report, if its a z reports what are the tables we are going to use for this z report.

Thanks and regards,

Sudhanshu

0 Kudos

Sudhansu,

Have you been in the IMG to create an Academic Scale yet?

<i>Cm -> Cm Master Data -> Academic Scales -> Set Up Academic Scales</i>

You need to just create one called 'Percentage' (for example). Define it as a 'Linear Quantity' scale, with a Low Value of 0 and a High Value of 100. Set the Increment to be .01.

Then, set the Standard External Grade Scale to be this Academic Scale:

<i>Cm -> Cm Master Data -> Academic Scales -> Define Standard Scales</i>

Here, the setting needed is SCLTS (SCLSU probably also makes sense).

Michael