Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration SU05-users to SU01-Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm looking for a migration documentation(german or english), that I can migrate our Internet-Users, which were created with SU05 to SU01-Users.

It would be very nice, if someone has more informations concerning the licences for these internet-users.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Susanne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

I am not sure but, can you contact SAP about how they use these Function modules. I din't find any Documentation on these and also don't know what they are used for. but they sound like, they will be useful for ur scenario.

SUSR_INTERNET_USER_MIGRATION

ISU_INTERNET_USER_MIGRATION

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

do not know if it is possible to migrate other than by hand.

for info with regards to the licenses you should contact the SAP licence holder in your company as every contract between SAP and customer is different!

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

thank you very much for your answer.

I red in the OSS, that a documentation shoud exist. I tryed to get it via the OSS-Support, but they have written to me, that I have look for this via an another way.

I still hope, that someone has a such documentation.

Best regards,

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

I am not sure but, can you contact SAP about how they use these Function modules. I din't find any Documentation on these and also don't know what they are used for. but they sound like, they will be useful for ur scenario.

SUSR_INTERNET_USER_MIGRATION

ISU_INTERNET_USER_MIGRATION

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, first of all: it's a continuous migration - not an "ad hoc" one.

The basic concept is to perform the migration while the user is logging onto the system (using username and password):

1. lookup if an SU01 user account exists; if yes: migration already has happend, resume with SU01 logon (SUSR_INTERNET_USERSWITCH)

2. otherwise: perform SU05 logon (WWW_USER_AUTHORITY)

3. create SU01 user from SU05 user (SUSR_INTERNET_USER_MIGRATION); the SU01 userID will be generated; the SU01 aliasname will be filled with the SU05 username.

So much for the skeleton.

Actually, each application which has been formely using SU05 users should provide such a migration tool (-> like ISU_INTERNET_USER_MIGRATION ?). It should not be the task of the customer to handle that migration.

The application itself will also have to be changed - in order to make full use of the SU01 user concept (-> authorization checks, change documents, etc.).

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody for the help.

Best regards,

Susanne