cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating BOM from iPPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the functionalies of Product Designer in SAP PLM. I was thinking that there are two scenarios for creating material BOM. One is to it directly in Material Management (MM) module of SAP and the other one is to create m-BOM from iPPE (Integrated Product and Process Engineering) in SAP PLM package.

Which scenario is better? What are the constraints, advantages, disadvantages? (in respect to time, product or industry charactristics, etc.)?

Any experience or info?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ehsan,

The main purpose of the iPPE module is for Early Engineeing and handling complex structures while they are in the concept and design phase. Also integrating the product development with process development, which can be parallel with product development. In iPPE you can start with a requirement structure with documents and specifications, then you can move to the next structure like conept structure where you can have some more idea on the product to be designed. In the next case product structure design which is not final one. So instead of creating a BOM and later modifying that one, there is workbench available to handle these complex problems with variants. Once after your product design is finalised then you can convert it into the BOM.

These kind of requirement you generally fiond in the automobile sector. If you need any further information please let me know.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh, but at the end I want to know the following:

- I understood that mBOM is created when product design is finalized but Where mBOM is created? (iPPE or MM?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ehsan,

Once after confirming the product structure in iPPE, you can convert it into a Material BOM in MM using transaction code PPECS. There it will take you to Engineering Workbench with thecreated mBOM. If you save the BOM in Engineering Workbench it will be created in MM.

If you still have any doubts you can raise here...

regards,

rajesh.

PS : Award point if answer is useful.