cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.10 installation server, load balancing and multiple installation servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the 7.10 GUI installation server, there is no Load balancing option anamore, also there seems to be no option to easily clone the installation server from within the nwsapsetupadmin.exe program.

If having MANY users at one location, and needing more than one installation server to accomodate the frontend installations, do you need to do this "manually" now ? grouping users and and the logon script directing different user groups to different sapgui installation servers ?

what about creating multiple installation servers easily, is it possible to simply copy the installation server directory (c:\sapinst f.ex.) to another file server, share the directory and configure the DS and IS services (if needed) ??

will configured packages and "on end install" scripts and such be copied too to the new installation server ?

I need to easily create installation servers in 15 countries, this is the reason for my question...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kim Sonny,

hope you're doing fine

Regarding your question:

The "Load Balancing" was more a fail-over service and wasn't intended to use for several locations like in your case.

So the easiest way to do this is to setup one installation server and copy the files to the other servers. On the new Installation servers you only have to setup the service again and that's it.

Cheers,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

sorry, I forgot that in 7.10 we deliver a tool that can create a new installation server from an existing one:

NWCreateInstServer (see installation Guide Page 15).

Regards, Martin