cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sits, publications, subscriptions, and replication objects ????????????????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am working on CRM 5.0

I opened the administration console but I couldn’t understand the relation between the sits, publications, subscriptions, and replication objects

I know what they are but I don’t know what the relation between them?

Regards

Jacopo François

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You define publications in order to make them available to subscriptions. You can use these to subscribe to sites (data sets) for the predefined publications and you can state concrete values for the criteria fields.

You can determine the distribution of data to the current sites by creating subscriptions. For this reason you have to subscribe to a publication, and then you can assign one or more sites to the subscription.

A site is a physical dataset that exists outside the consolidated database (CDB). It is a receiver and/or supplier of data for the replication defined on the CRM Server. There are different site types, such as mobile terminals (mobile clients), an SAP backend system, or non-SAP systems.

eg: Sites ECC and CRM systems.. where data will flow.

publications : Business partners pricing..etc.

to publish these in the CRM or ECC, u first need to subscribe to the sites(nothing but getting permission from the sytems.)

Regards

Yaswanth.K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Site, Subscription, Publication are the pre rquisites to down load the data

Site is created where you store the data

subscription giving Authorization to data access

Publishing: what kind of data you are going publish, business , or condition

once you down load the data it is stored in site SMOEAC then this data if you give subscrption then only it is allowable to access and see, this data is published

on the front end side of the Application.

I hope this will helpful

Reward Points

Venkat