Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval procedure for delivery note

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having problem to create approval procedure query. Is it possible to do that? If user want to add the delivery note based on sales order, system will refuse if there is no approval. the standard in SAP B1 can't be used by us. The condition is approval signature.

There must be a certain field that set yes or no in the sales order or delivery note, I still do not know. Please give advice which one is better and is there another option.

Could FMS in SAP B1 create automatic save draft ? if yes, could you please let me know the query for that ? I mean when document like purchase order blocked because is purchase qty exceeding sales order or forecast qty, by using FMS, the system with directly add the document to draft folder, without manually save. I also skip theusing of SAP B1 standard.

Thanks in advance.

Rgd

Steve

0 Kudos

Hi there, did you ever find a solution to this? I just implemented B1 and am having the same requirement. Due to every customer having unique pricing, my coworker needs to review every line item that is shipped to ensure pricing is correct. Right now, we can't systemically ship anything unless she reviews and creates the delivery document herself. I would like to set it up so that myself and others could at least create a draft of the delivery, and then have her be able to approve it once reviewed.

Thanks,

- John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think it is very difficult to have your requirement defined in SAp B1 perfectly. You could use approval procedure but the problem is that when you approved it and then add it, the draft document is still sent to user that requested the approval, so, there will be 2 subject i.e. info document generation approve and approved of the document. let me know if the problem still persists.

Rgds,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

Could you explain what this Approval of Sales Order means? Is it some kind of Credit Approval you are trying to check.

The reason I am asking this is If you have an Order Not Approved (Sales Order > Logistics tab), The user can not perform any delivery operation for this Order. This will do the Job.

Unless you are trying to check something else?

Please let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

in your first question you have mentioned a field approval signature set to yes or no. Do you mean to define a UDF with two possible values yes and no in the sales documents? And do you mean to make the approval procedure dependent of this fields, e.g. only if it is set to no? If so, it is possible to specify a query in the conditions to start the approval procedure. In this query you could return true (SELECT DISTINCT 'true' FROM ...) in the case your UDF is equal to yes resp. no to start the approval query.

Maybe I got you wrong?!

To your second question: There is no way to do things like this with a formatted search. One reason is that SQL queries from within SAP are only allowed to read (SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ...) data from the database and not to write into it. The only way to do this you asked for is to program it using the UI and DI.

Why do you want to generate the draft automatically? Is it because you users forget to do it manual? In this case you could write a FMS query which writes some kind of warning message to save a draft in a UDF under certain conditions to be evaluated in the query.

Regards,

Frank Romeni

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I am interested to this topic. Although

I have tried to use this query :

Select distinct 'true' from ODLN where $[odln.u_allowCL] ='yes' for browse or Select distinct 'true' from ODLN where $[odln.u_allowCL] =" for browse but I still can add the delivery. I agree with you about SBO query can't perform the task like save draft automatically but your answer could lead us confusing too, that's why I need you to share about this topic. I am also still confusing about select 'distinct' for approval process. I usually use mandatory option in UDF.

Rgds,