cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create non standard page layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I want to create a page with different layout than what SAP EP v7.0 offers.

By example I need a page with room for 8 iViews...where can I configure this in the portale?

Thank you!

Hilde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download the PAR file for standard page layout from portalapps.

Create new layout as per your requirement and upload it. So new layout is available for use.

file name is like "pagelayout.par"

regards

-Kedar Kulkarni

do get back if need further inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so far..where do I find this par file? In Contend administration?

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hilde,

Please refer the complete step involved in creating a page layout template.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9242a890-0201-0010-32a9-8516639c5afa">How To Create New Page Layout</a>

The exact par file is <b>com.sap.portal.layouts.default.par</b>. Par file is available under system administration --> support --> portal runtime --> browse deployment --> web-inf --> deployment --> pcd or temp.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick answers:-)

I have downloaded the appdesigner.pageeditor.par.default file, but need to know what program I can open it with to edit this file...I can't se any content...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hlide,

first open it with winzip. Then you wil find file with extension browse. Again winzip.

Next you extract using winrar. Now you wil get .bak file. remove .bak extension.

this gives you .PAR extension.

regards

-Kedar Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thank you for the response.

Now, where in the portal menu do I upload the file?

-hilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upload PAR file Goto System Administrator>Support>Portal runtime>Administration Console>browse ur PAR file & Upload it...

Regards,

Senthil K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wel, have done all but just receive this error; which doesn't say much to me. I tried to google it, but no result. Someone who knows how to interpret this?

INFO: Detected Portal Archive File: com.sap.portal.support.browse.default.par

INFO: Deployment failed - exception caught: Application upload failed: com.sap.portal.support.browse.default.par - more detail at: /usr/sap/O03/JC31/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/pcd/com.sap.portal.support.browse.default.par.log

Kr,

hilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think this is because of missing jar files in the par file.When you import that par file into NWDS the jar files will not be imported automatically and you need to do it manually.If you have taken the par file backup(i think u have done that) you can take the 2 jar files and copy into the lib folder of the par file which u imported into NWDS.

If you dont have the backup of that par file send me ur email id i will send u the files

reward points if helpful

Answers (0)