cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Data Loss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My BSP application is a timesheet application. When a user filled in the timesheet and click save, then the application will start delete all of it old time sheet record of current month and then re-filled it with the new records.

The problem is like this...when the application is loading (deleting record and re-filled the records), if the user connection is slow, then some users will think that the application is hang (but it is not) and then the user close up the browser and re-login again. after the user re-login and he found that some of the data or all of the data is loss. After debugging, I found that it is because when the application was deleting the data half way then the user close off the browser or when the application was re-filling the data half way then the user close off the broswer. This cause some part of the data is gone.

While I am debugging this application, i found out something which is weird. When the debugger is fired, normally the debugger fired up in another SAP session right? well, after the debugger is fired, I go to my browser and close the broswer off. then go back to the debugger, then i try to press F5 or F6, normally it should be able to continue debug but this time the application was directly exit without any message. I tried many times but still give me same thing.

So from here, I am curious that is it when I close off the browser then the application server will directly stop the user process? It should not work like this right? i think although the browser is close up but the application server should continue run the user process. Note that every page had implemented the Javascript which is DelSso2Cookie and exitBSPApplication.

Any reply will be very appreciate and reward will given if it is answered.

Thanks you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you feel certain BSP application takes more time to process the back-end data, then you can increase the time-out(only for certain applications) in Protal. So Portal will wait for some time till back-end process finishes.

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had tested this before. But the problem is not the timeout value...what i had figured out is my application was stop running the process in the application server when i close the browser in the client.

for other applications i tested, when i close the browser in the client but the application was still continue running the process in the application server (when there is a process need to be done such as add or delete record from database).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have encounterd the same problem, it is still not solved.

For the users I made everything a bit faster by means of calling my RFC-functions with following params

CALL FUNCTION 'FNAME' in background task
                                           as separate unit
                                    destination 'DEST'

Best regards,

Dirk.