Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table inside a field in the DDIC table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how to create a table inside a field of another table. The schema is as below:

Table1 -> field1

-> field2 (another table itself)

I would like to create it inside the DDIC.

Will be grateful should instructions/steps are provided.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

you cant create a table inside the field of another table yes, if you want to add any extra field into a standard field than you can create a structure of your own choice with your required field and can append that structure to the standard table.

thanks

mrutyun^

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liew,

First you create second table type and then refer to the second field of 1st table....

If this works then it ok... other wise please give me more details about your scenerio....and your requirement that I can advice you better...or I can give you some other solution....

If it helps please reward......

Cheers,

Sagun Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use INCLUDE/APPEND for the same.

regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

U Can add the structure of the another table into field2....

Please see the following link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cf/21eb61446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Only structures can be included in database tables</b> so you cannot add another table as a field to another table.

In order to add a structure use .INCLUDE in Compoenent and structure name in Component type.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

you cant create a table inside the field of another table yes, if you want to add any extra field into a standard field than you can create a structure of your own choice with your required field and can append that structure to the standard table.

thanks

mrutyun^