cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whether java codes can be possible in VC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to VC. Please guide me whether I can write java codes in VC or not.

Previously I worked in Web Dynpro and I did the application containing the following scenarios:

1. Connect to Oracle DB

2. KM upload and download

3. Screen layouts

whether these can be possible with VC also.If so then please send the documents or links.

Thanks and Regards,

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

in the current release VC 7.0 you can not program in VC, but you can program webservices in java which you can use in your VC application.

Your sceanrio is possible with VC:

1. You can connect to an Oracle DB via JDBC (have a look into our

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/JDBCConnectionSetup">WIKI</a> for more details.

2. You have to integrate the KM up and download via html view (integration of other iViews via html view and url of the iview)

3. You have to define your screen layouts at design time, but there are no layout manager as you know them from webdynpro.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcel,

I after going through the link may I ask some more queries.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I am unable to get you through this statement. So can you please elaborate?I am not knowing anything about VC so please tell me step by step.

You have to integrate the KM up and download via html view (integration of other iViews via html view and url of the iview)

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please respond for this thread.I am unable to understand it.Can you send me the steps regarding all the mentioned details?

About screen layouts have to be done at design time but how to do that?

"You have to integrate the KM up and download via html view (integration of other iViews via html view and url of the iview)"

But how to do this also?

May be its really silly questions please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

Nutan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.> Connect to database:

By creating system in the portal and later using it in VC through the Find services.

2.> KM upload and download can be achieved by using the HTML view present in the VC

3.> Screen layout can be done through the help of layers in VC