Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Assign chart of account to a new company code

Dear all,

I have created a new company code in system(copy an existing company code data). When I am going to a new chart of account to the new company code, system display an error message as follows:

Reset company code data before changing the chart of accounts

Message no. FC140

You have selected a different chart of accounts for a company code.

You must, however, reset the company code-specific data for the old chart of accounts beforehand.

If you really want to allocate a different chart of accounts to the company code, first of all reset

the company-code specific data for the old chart of accounts.

First of all you must, if it exists, reset the transaction data for this company code.

Finally, carry out the resetting of the company code-dependent G/L account master data

(without the general master data).

When dealing with large quantities of data, resetting the master data or transaction data can be very

time-consuming. In this case, it is advisable to schedule the running of these reports as a batch run.

Do anyone know how to solve this problem?

Hi Chris,

I think you have copied the co. code using Trcode , When you have copied the co code all the gl master records from the source co code is also coiped to to the target company code. these gl masters use the COA(Chart of accounts) used by the source co. code.

If you want to assigna new COA now to the target co code then you have to delete all the gl accounts from this new co code you can do this by executing TR Code OBR2. Select the gl accounts, Select the check box for "with general master data" and provide the company code and execute. Now you can assign a new COA to this new company code

*assign points if useful

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question