cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup problem on production server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

We are facing Backup problem on production server since monday details are given below ,

Since Monday We are unable to take Backup of the Production Server ,

Before that due to Powercut problem Production Server was Shutdown from Wednesday Evening to Monday Morning .

Before that We Performed off-line backup of Production Server which was completed successfully .

We Cancelled Scheduled backups of Following days ,

Thursday-All On-line Backup

Friday - Archive Log Backup

Saturday - Archivelog Backup

Sunday - Archivelog Backup

Tape Drive was also shutdown during these four days .

On Monday we want to test backup wheather all is working fine or not ,

We had taken a test backup on archivelog tape it was successful(with start immediate option in db13 ),and the tape was also ejected successfully .

But in the archive log night Backup is not completed successfully ,and tape remains in the tape drive.

In brbackup,brarchive tape label was not identifying .

So that Yesterday Evening we run UPDATE RATE COMPRESSION , and after that tried to take off-line backup but tape is initializing not taking backup on tape its performing on D DRIVE OF PRODUCTION SERVER.

Even We tried to perform Forcefully backup but its not performing by Command line .

Yesterday night While taking off-line backup all lights of tape drives are blinking.

Cleaning tape is used to clean the tape head .

I am attaching the log of the failed backup Please give me solution as earliest .

<b>BACKUP ERROR</b>

BR0241I Checking label on volume in device /dev/nmt0

BR0217E Lock period for volume PRDA02 in device /dev/nmt0 not expired

BR0218E Checking label on volume in device /dev/nmt0 failed

Note that This error is for all backups,archivelog,online,offline.

Please guide urgently

Thanx in advance

RohitK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

My first piece of guidance would be to post this problem in a more appropriate forum - this forum is called Suggestions and Comments. Try posting your problem in one of the Database and OS Platforms forums for instance.

Or try searching the forums as well first.

Gareth.