Did you mean: 

Proxy report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think we have to write ABAP report in XI not R/3

Am I right?

2) while we execute SPROXY in R/3

How its displaying all the Namespaces and Message interfaces which are in XI server.How the connection between XI server and R/3 is maintained in this case.

With Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Basically there are two types of Proxies :

1 . Client Proxy - For pushing the Data out of R/3

2. Server Proxy - for accepting the Data into R/3

For client Proxy =- you need to write the report program which will used the interface generated by SPROXY TA in R/3 for pushing the data out of r/3.

For Server Proxy - you need to write code in execute_synchronous(or execute_asysnchronous as per the generated interface ) method for processing the record coming into SAP.

<b>SPROXY will always be used in R/3</b>

Before going for Proxy scenarios you need to perform basic steps in application server(R3)...

<b>these steps : will set up a HTTP connection with XI and thus we are able to see IR objects for Proxy generation..</b>

For these steps kindly go through this blog..

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Let me know if any doubts are still cropping up..?

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

satya,

<b>I think we have to write ABAP report in XI not R/3

Am I right?</b>

wrong!!! the report is written in the applicatiion system... i mean u have to write report in R/3.Once u execute the report..proxy will be triggered.

once u execute the report ..the method execute_asynchronous will be called ..and the required data will be sent to XI.

<b>2) while we execute SPROXY in R/3

How its displaying all the Namespaces and Message interfaces which are in XI server.How the connection between XI server and R/3 is maintained in this case.</b>

generally during the installation of XI ....the connection with R/3 is done .....so once u execute the transaction SPROXY in R/3... u can see the replica of IR...

similerly if u go to other SAP system like BW.. and if there is a connection between XI and BW....u can execute SPROXY... here also u can see the Replica of IR.

hope u r lil bit clr!!!

**reward if it helps u******

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>I think we have to write ABAP report in XI not R/3

No you have to write your ABAP report in R/3 system

You have to execute the report in R/3 system from there the message comes to the XI server.

>>How the connection between XI server and R/3 is maintained in this case

Initially the connection is established(its one time job ) so Namespaces and Message interfaces which are in XI server automatically comes here.

Regards

Yugapreetha